OMT joins the Babcock-led Industry group 'Team 31'
OMT has joined the Babcock-led industry group ‘Team 31’ bidding for the UK Royal Navy’s (RN’s) Type 31 general-purpose light frigate programme. The team launched its Arrowhead 140 design proposal on 31 May, which will be based on Danish Iver Huitfeldt-class frigate, originally designed by OMT.
The Type 31 programme is a fast-track acquisition of a class of five globally deployable frigates. The five ships are intended to Royal Navy service from 2023.
Babcock Team 31 is committed to delivering a proven, capable and adaptable frigate for global navies. Benefiting from the best of British capabilities, utilising cost and schedule benefits from a tried and tested distributed build strategy and capitalising upon a mature and proven design from OMT, Arrowhead 140 will deliver an assured frigate capability which is best placed to serve the adaptable demands of warfighting nations globally.
Babcock’s Team 31 offers a holistic breadth and depth of expertise to deliver a proven, capable and adaptable design, build and support solution for modern, global navies. The team is lead by Bacbcock, and in addition to OMT who will provide the platform design of the proven baseline design, Team 31 includes:
- Babcock (prime; ship design, build, assembly, platform integration and commissioning at Rosyth)
- OMT (platform design for the proven, in service baseline design
- Thales (Combat Systems Integrator; combat management system and equipment design, build and integration)
- BMT (ship design and technical support)
- Harland and Wolff (block build capability with shipbuilding expertise and versatile facilities)
- Ferguson Marine (block build capability with commercial ship build expertise and versatile facilities)
Do you want to know more about Babcock Team 31? Then please follow the links below for website, video and brochure: